Dundon Motorsports GT3 Lifetime Center Muffler (991 GT3)
Designed to fit:
- 2014 - 2016 Porsche 911 GT3 / RS (991.1)
- 2017 - 2019 Porsche 911 GT3 / RS (991.2)
Most of us have experienced the many issues associated with both the stock Steel and Ti rear mufflers on our beloved 997.1, 997.2 , 991.1 and 991.2 GT3, GT3RS and 911R. cracking, holes, not passing sound etc... We've been reinforcing both the Steel and Ti versions for years after they crack and understand why they fail quite well. We set out to fix the weakness of the OEM center muffler and include an option for those that want their car to pass the more and more prevalent dB restricted tracks without losing power. We finalized the design and have tested at numerous tracks both for longevity and for dB reduction.
We're happy to announce our GT3 Lifetime Center Muffler. It's avaialble in 2 "flavors" Orange (Quiet) and Black (Loud). The Orange is for those customers looking for no drone* while cruising and to quiet the car at full boogie to attenuate some of the dB levels on the track or on the street. The Black is the muffler for those looking for no drone* at cruise, but a pronounced bark when getting on it!
We've tested the Orange on a 991 GT3 with side muffler deletes that was 104dB before the muffler and passing a 90dB day after . We've tested on a stock 991 GT3 and the car passed where it hadn't previously. And we tested on a 997.2 GT3 that had not passed at Laguna and passed a 90dB day. We've recorded the Orange GT3 Center Muffler in our own testing at 10-12dB reduction over the OEM GT3 Muffler. All of the testing was done on cars WITHOUT GPS Exhaust flap closing devices.
- Lifetime Guaranteed including track use.
- 321 Stainless Steel coupled with a high strength design.
- Orange (quiet) has no power loss (up to 450whp engines), sounds great and reduces sound levels 10-12dB over stock.
- Black (loud) less restriction on higher powered cars (>450whp) and wicked flat six wail!
- 4" slashed exhaust tips in PVD Black are Standard, Swappable to Optional Turnaway Pipes.
- Direct replacement of the OEM muffler, will fit existing modification if they work with the OEM Center Muffler.
- OEM 63mm or 3" lower inlet sizing for increased flow.
* for no drone performance, the cars must maintain valves and use both the upper and lower exhaust paths in the muffler.
Does not include side muffler deletes. Turnaway tips available to further reduce/redirect noise for track day regulations.
About Dundon Motorsports
Dundon Motorsports provides first-in-class components and materials for your race, track, or street car.
Dundon Motorsports was born out of three car-enthusiast’s passion to offer the very best of everything to the motorsports world. The best parts. The best performance. The best service. All in a fun and welcoming environment.
As not only shop owners, but also fellow car enthusiasts, we understand the time and investment you’ve put into your performance vehicle. We want to be your partner in that exciting adventure – from simple maintenance to helping you build that dream engine (or car). We consider it an honor and privilege to walk alongside you in that journey. When you work with Dundon, you’re not just receiving the best care for your performance vehicle, you’re joining the Dundon family.