CSF Radiators - Turbo Intercoolers (991)
Designed to fit:
- 2013+ Porsche 911 Turbo / S (991.1 and 991.2)
CSF Cooling is proud to announce the official public release of its Porsche 991 Turbo & Turbo S high performance intercoolers for both 991.1 & 991.2 models. Since the intercoolers made their official world debut at the 2017 SEMA show, a unique sales decision was made to only release these intercoolers (for a period of 1 year) to a select group of the world’s most highly regarded Porsche motorsport ECU tuners and vehicle builders. Over the past year, CSF’s Porsche 991 Turbo intercoolers have been race-tested, logged, and fully validated by some of the world’s best Porsche tuners. These intercoolers have been regarded as the “Go-To” option for the best performance and value available in the performance aftermarket.
Evident by the performance graph below, the OEM Porsche intercoolers start to heat soak during high performance driving conditions. The ECU system will start to pull timing and lower the performance capabilities of the vehicle as a safety precaution once IAT’s start to increase.
*CSF is the only manufacturer in the 991 Porsche Turbo intercooler aftermarket to undergo and publish this type of data and testing results*
3-minute heat-soak test resulted in:
- Data logs proving that the CSF Porsche 991 Turbo intercoolers keep IAT’s consistently 25 – 40°F degrees less than the OEM Porsche intercoolers.
- IAT’s of the CSF Porsche 991 Turbo intercoolers start at ~98°F (~37°C). For the first ~30 seconds, IAT’s are actually reduced by ~10°F before increasing to no more than ~15°F before again reducing to a steady and consistent ~103°F (~39°C)for the remainder of the test (only 5°F delta from start).
- IAT’s of the OEM Porsche intercooler start at ~105°F (~40.5°C). Immediately IAT’s start to increase, and after only ~30 seconds, IAT’s have already increased by 20°F. IAT’s increase towards a 30°F delta when the technician decides to abort the OEM testing at only ~75 seconds into the test due to high IAT’s reaching levels of decreased vehicle performance.
CSF performed this unique test to best simulate real-world circuit-racing driving conditions on a dynamometer, and to also better understand the limitations of the OEM intercooler system. It’s evident that the OEM tube/fin intercooler core quickly undergoes heat soak with no ability to recover, even on a testing day with relatively favorable ambient air conditions. The deficiencies of the OEM intercooler system would be further magnified during real-world conditions where there are periods of WOT (i.e straight-away sections of a race track) or during hotter ambient conditions.
Dyno Testing analysis:
CSF’s wind-tunnel optimized 4.5 inch (115mm) width bar/plate core, is a significant improvement over the OEM designed 3.14 inch (80mm) tube/fin core. Furthermore, CSF’s exclusive thermal dispersion heat transfer coating is able to reject heat ~35% more efficiently than the raw/uncoated aluminum core of the OEM intercooler. The coating is applied in California, USA by an aerospace coating company who also supplies coatings for Boeing. This unique coating is a key feature to achieving world-record performance, exclusively available from CSF.
After installing the CSF Porsche 991 Turbointercoolers and quickly adjusting the stage 1 tune, a 35whp gain was achieved by GMG Racing.
- Fits both 991.1 & 991.2 Turbo/Turbos S vehicles. (2013-2019)
- 3D Scanned, CAD Designed and 3D-printed prototype; Tested in collaboration with automotive engineering firm RK Autowerks. Providing the absolute best fitting Porsche 991 Turbo intercoolers available in the aftermarket.
- CFD tested (Computational Fluid Dynamics) cast end tanks with several post machining processes for the absolute best tolerance specifications and maximum airflow distribution throughout the core.
- All OEM mounting points are retained with the OEM clip-in hardware design. Utilizing factory hardware, for an OEM-level installation. (CSF Exclusive)
- OEM style “Quick-Connect” machined fittings for precise fitment, lock and seal.
- Finished with an aerospace grade, nano-particle, heat dispersion coating that dissipates heat ~35% better than uncoated raw aluminum. (~ $500.00 value)
- “Drop-in fitment”, no modifications or grinding to metal brackets, etc.
- (Requires slight trimming to the plastic intercooler shrouds – instructions included and available for download at www.CSFrace.com)
- Individually leak / pressure tested to 120 PSI
- Individually inspected for quality control
- Instruction manual included CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD
- Specifically cut foam protective packaging to ensure damage free shipment
- Manufactured completely in house by CSF; a tier 1 OEM manufacturer with over 50 years of cooling system manufacturing experience. Over 500,000 units sold every year and over 40 million units sold globally.
- 8mm fin height louvered external fin with 6.5mm fin height staggered internal fin. Designed to maximize surface area contact and heat dissipation.
- Wind tunnel optimized and dyno tested for low pressure drop with best performance
- CSF’s “Ultimate-Boost” High-performance bar / plate core. Built in house and pressure tested to 120 PSI
- 4.53-inch thick core compared to OEM’s 3.15-inch core (115mm vs 80mm)
- Increased flow area by 43.75%
- Increased surface area by 70% (8.5m^2 vs. 5.0m^2)
- Built in-house by CSF (Only high-performance company to manufacture their own intercooler cores)
CSF takes pride in the R&D behind each new product that it releases. Striving to continuously develop industry leading performance cooling systems, CSF not only analyzes OEM samples, but often leading competitor’s products to see where performance gains can be achieved. In comparison to the By Design intercoolers shown in the pictures above. CSF’s proven design has the following advantages:
- Larger volume end tanks. Allowing for airflow to be distributed evenly throughout the entire intercooler where as the competitor’s end tank design is shallower, similar to OEM.
- CSF chose to invest in high-cost tooling for precision cast end tanks after undergoing CFD analysis to achieve more difficult shapes. This results in better airflow and fitment versus more expensive to produce CNC machined end tanks (often having limitations in both design and manufacturing phases)
- CSF utilizes ALL factory mounting points to ensure the unit is properly secured. CSF’s engineers made sure OEM mounting pin connections were utilized and proper clearances were made. No grinding to the metal intercooler cage is necessary to install. (By Design and some other competitors require metal grinding for their intercoolers to be installed).
- CSF is the only company to include a heat dispersion coating with its Porsche 991 Turbo intercoolers. (~$500 value)
- The best value in terms of performance, fitment, and weight available on the aftermarket. Competing intercooler systems range from $1,000-$3,000 USD more than CSF’s Porsche 991 Turbo intercoolers with less published data and verified results. Why pay more for less?
- Over 50 years in business
- ISO 9001 Certified – True manufacture
- Over 150,000 radiators and condensers in stock over North America
- Over 650,000 unit sold annually with manufacturing and warehousing capacity for 1 million units.