FVD Brombacher Sport Muffler (Cayman / Boxster 981)
Designed to fit
- 2013 - 2016 Porsche Boxster / Boxster S
- 2014 - 2016 Porsche Cayman / Cayman S
The FVD Brombacher sound version muffler for the 981 and is one of the most technically advanced systems for Porsche to date. Their entire “Brombacher” line of exhausts is manufactured to specifications by M&M Exhaust, GmbH in Germany as is this muffler for the 981. The benefits of this muffler are 3 fold, you can pass emissions with ease, you don’t need to run a software file (for those who are concerned about warranty) and you can have more power without drone!!
FVD noted a + 11 crank hp & + 10 crank torque gain, predominantly in the mid and top end. The increase in mass and velocity of exhaust flow through the specially built muffler internals produces a strong, linear; firing-order dominated true flat-6 Porsche sound.
In addition, each of FVD's exhaust products have been extensively tested on both a chassis and engine dyno as well as logged thousands of miles on both the street and at the track. All this research, development and testing ensures maximum horsepower gains throughout a broad power band; all while maintaining reasonable sound levels for the street and provide a distinct, sporty exhaust note that is purely Porsche.
- + 11 Hp & + 10 Tq Gain
- Weighs 35.4 lbs
- Thermal insulation on piping to keep suspension components cool. Withstands up to 2,012 degrees Fahrenheit (1,100 degrees Celsius)
- 2 1/2" Tubing (63.5 mm)
- 2 x 3.5"(90 mm) Round Tips
- Intoxicating growl at idle, partial throttle and wide open throttle
- T 316 stainless steel for improved durability over T 304
- Minimal Resonance / Drone in the cabin (200 rpms worth)
- “Aero Quip” style motorsport muffler connections to ensure a leak free exhaust
- Does NOT interfere with emissions and will NOT trigger the check engine light
- ECU programming (software) is NOT NECESSARY
About FVD Brombacher
FVD was founded in 1983. After many years in the Porsche industry they are produce and stock Porsche racing parts, replacement parts, and accessories backed by certified Porsche mechanics! The top tuner in Germany and the top tuner in Florida have teamed up to give customers outstanding customer service on their high-end race oriented parts.