981 Cayman & Boxster Exhaust System Basics
The Porsche 981 Cayman & Boxster comes from the factory with a sporty tuned exhaust note that is enhanced with the PSE-equipped sport exhaust. Opening up the flow of exhaust on the 981 not only improves performance and power delivery but it also enhances the sound output of the flat 6 engine. The factory headers utilize a massive catalyst that is both heavy and restrictive. Many consumers opt to install a full exhaust to maximize the power output of the 981. Choosing the right exhaust is usually a matter of personal preference. Below are some key consumer considerations when researching or purchasing a system. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.
Things to Consider
- Quality & craftsmanship
- Fitment of the exhaust to the 981
- Welding techniques used to seal exhaust
- Sound of the exhaust
- Price of the exhaust
- Is a warranty offered?
- Ease of install (if DIY)
- If equipped - valve functionality
- What is the tubing diameter
- Is all hardware included?
- Are tips included?
- Is any cutting or modification necessary?
- Is the system modular?
- Availability or lead time for delivery
- Jon Flat 6