Elephant Racing Offset Camber Plates (Cayman / Boxster 981)
Designed to Fit
- 2012+ Porsche 911 (991 Models)
- 2012+ Porsche Boxster / Boxster S (981)
- 2012+ Porsche Cayman / Cayman S (981)
Our offset front camber plates allow for additional camber and castor over the factory range of adjustment, similar to the GT3 geometry. These camber plates fit original factory type struts, including those equipped with PASM.
These offset plates use high strength hardened steel spherical bearings and are direct replacements for the factory plates which use compliant rubber bushings. The teflon lined spherical bearings used in our kit are entirely maintenance free and require no supplemental lubrication. These plates are sealed to prevent contamination from water or grime, thus extending bearing life. This makes the Elephant Racing camber plate kit perfect for regular street use, as well as extended abuse on the race track.
Spherical bearings further improve performance. The spherical bearings pivot freely, but eliminate the deflection that is inherent with the factory rubber bushings. This is important for two reasons
- The factory rubber acts as a spring in series with the strut. This rubber spring-action is completely un-damped and reduces the struts ability to control the tire contact patch. The spherical bearing allows the strut damper to do its job and control the contact patch.
- The factory rubber deflects sideways under cornering loads, causing loss of camber just when you need it most. Our spherical bearings eliminate the deflection, maintaining stable and predictable camber.
About Elephant Racing
Suspension Science, Made Easy
Elephant Racing is the established global leader in design and manufacture of performance suspension products for Porsche cars.
Silicon Valley is the new center of automotive technology, electric, and autonomous cars. Elephant Racing is the Silicon Valley approach applied to automotive suspension products. Our business model is built around web enablement, sophisticated engineering tools, and the development of advanced automotive suspension technology
ER's 10,000 sqft R&D facility is located in Santa Clara, California USA. It is fully equipped with 3D CAD, testing, simulation and modeling tools, complete auto shop, and machine tools for development and prototyping. Building on our base of performance Porsche suspension technology, our areas of development focus include the following:
- Interactive and semi-active suspension control
- Advanced damper technology
- Automotive Suspension Mechatronics
- Web enablement and Web tools
They hold patent in the category of suspension bushing design and are pursuing further patents in damper and semi-active suspension control technology.
Founded in 2002, their innovation, continuously expanding product line, dedication to customer service, and global distribution has made Elephant Racing the leader in performance suspension for Porsche cars.