LN Engineering - Single Row Pro IMS Retrofit Kit (996 w/ M96/M97)
Designed to Fit:
- 2000 - 2005 Porsche 911 (3.4L or 3.6L)
NOTE: Please confirm your engine uses a single row IMS bearing.
The IMS Retrofit is a registered trademark of LN Engineering LLC and the original ceramic hybrid ball-bearing replacement for the M96/M97 engine - the only one trusted by hundreds of independent mechanics and used by dealerships worldwide.
PROBLEM: IMS FAILURE. SOLUTION: IMS RETROFIT.
WHY DO IMS BEARINGS FAIL?
- Lack of lubrication (sealed bearing was used)
- Insufficient load capacity (factory single row bearing had high failure rate of 8% according to the Eisen class action lawsuit)
- The factory did not supply a service interval, replacement, or tools for changing the original bearing out – bearing should have had a service interval!
IMS RETROFIT AS A PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCE:
- IMS replacement takes an average of 10-14 hours.
- Typically coupled with clutch and other maintenance.
- Engine rebuilds take 60+ hours and can cost tens of thousands of dollars.
- Engines must be pre-qualified prior to bearing replacement.
WHAT FACTORY BEARING DOES MY ENGINE HAVE?
- 1997-1999: This engine featured a dual row bearing IMS
- 2000-2001: These engines came from the factory with either a dual row or a single row bearing IMS
- 2002-2005: This engine featured a single row bearing IMS. Some late production 2005 models will have a non-servicable IMS.
- 2006-2008: These engines were fitted with a larger bearing that is not serviceable without a complete teardown of the engine.
- If the engine in your car has been replaced, it will have whatever IMS bearing was in production for that model year of manufacture for the replacement engine.
All genuine LN IMS Retrofit kits come laser etched, engraved, and serial numbered to validate their authenticity and feature custom-made, ceramic hybrid ball bearings made exclusively for LN Engineering.
About LN Engineering
LN Engineering a leaderi in the Porsche Aftermarket for high performance products and services, is the producer of Nickies Cylinders for aircooled and watercooled Porsche engines. The LN Engineering brand is synonymous with quality and its Nickies are recognized as the gold standard.
LN Engineering is owned and operated by Charles Navarro and Tammy Hellings. Both are graduates of Northwestern University and Tammy has her MBA from Olivet Nazarene University.
Charles and Tammy are both past directors in the Momence Lions Club and Charles is a past Alderman for the City of Momence. LN Engineering is a proud sponsor of the Momence Lions Community Scholarships and is very involved in the local community. LN Engineering proudly supports Buy Local - Hire Local programs and manufactures its Nickies™ cylinders proudly in the United States.
Tammy (#107) and Charles (#407) are active members in the PCA and LN Engineering is the Chicago Region PCA Autocross and one of the TRAC PCA Club Racing event sponsors. They also participate in 24 Hours of LeMons Racing in a 1970 VW Squareback, Der Schnitzelwagen #311.