Racing Dynamics Competition Downpipe (718)
Designed to fit
- 2017+ Porsche Boxster / S (2.0 / 2.5L)
- 2017+ Porsche Cayman / S (2.0 / 2.5L)
High flow downpipe with heat shielding for Porsche Cayman Gen III & Boxster Gen IV 2017 - Present 718 chassis with the turbocharged 2.0 liter & 2.5 liter flat 4 cylinder motors. Test downpipes only for all types of off road driving.
- Exhaust system increases power especially in the low and mid RPM range at off road events
- Improved sound is significant, adding a deep resonant sound and does away with the annoying frequencies as you accelerate through the RPMs.
- Reduce weight - weighs approximately 15 lbs. verses the over 22 lbs. of the stock exhaust - over 7 less than factory exhaust.
- Requires no cutting or modifications to factory exhaust – bolts right on
- Eliminating the restrictive factory catalytic converter adds to drivability.
- Smooth mandrel bent piping ranging from 90mm down to dual 55mm outlets encourages better throttle response and a more exciting exhaust note.
- New hardware is included for the two bolt flanges.
- Retains OEM catalytic converter shape and look
- Heat shield material covers much more pipe area than other manufacturers
- This product is not CARB certified and may not be legal for use on emissions controlled vehicles intended for off road use only due to removal of factory catalytic converters.
About Racing Dynamics
Racing Dynamics began in America in the early 1980's as an enterprise dedicated to manufacturing performance parts and styling accessories for BMW automobiles. Around 1987 the management of Electrodyne, Inc. purchased the assets of the original Racing Dynamics and formed Racing Dynamics, Inc. located in Alexandria, Virginia. The original founders of Racing Dynamics returned to Italy to continue the manufacture and sales of Racing Dynamics products in Europe and Asia. Racing Dynamics, Inc. was responsible for North America. In addition to the purchase of all the assets of Racing Dynamics Florida, Racing Dynamics, Inc. advanced a large sum of money to Racing Dynamics Italy to continue the start up of the Italian operations and development of new products.
By the end of the 1980's Electrodyne was discontinuing its professional race team which raced Porsche's in IMSA from 1979 through 1990. These skilled race engineers were turned loose on several of the products that needed development and/or improving to meet the demands of the critical BMW driver. These engineers developed all the sway bars and strut braces that are now the foundation of our highly successful suspension program. Strut braces were converted, from cut and welded bars that are inherently weak, to continuously formed single center bar construction for additional rigidity and a smoother look. This required the development of a special extrusion to allow forged bending without crimping the surface of the center bar. End plates were all converted to CNC machined parts for reliable fitment. All swaybars were developed during the period with special mounting hardware including quiet heim joints for enhanced street driving yet rigid enough for race conditions or driver’s school track sessions.
Many aerodynamics styling parts, swaybars, strut braces and other items were shipped from our facility in the USA to Italy for further sale through the European and Asian Racing Dynamics importers.
Over the years the USA side developed many of the styling packages starting with early 3 series from 1983 through current models. Most of the aerodynamics spoilers from the early 5 series, 1983 on, to the current 5 series are made in our sister company's own factory, right in Alexandria using special copolymers and polyurethane for the best in designs and longevity.