Verus Engineering - Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser (981 Cayman)
Designed to Fit
- 2013 - 2016 Porsche Boxster / S / GTS / Spyder (981)
- 2014 - 2016 Porsche Cayman / S / GTS / GT4 (981)
Rear diffusers are extremely efficient downforce producing devices when designed properly. We set out to produce a functional rear diffuser for the Porsche 981 using state of the art R&D processes. Utilizing scan data, CAD, and ANSYS Fluent analysis software; we were able to design and produce a functional and aesthetically pleasing rear diffuser for this Porsche chassis. The three main diffuser planes are produced from 2x2 twill, autoclave cured, carbon fiber; while the strakes are manufactured from durable polyurethane for longevity. The entire unit bolts to chassis locations through multiple sheet metal bracketry. There is absolutely no drilling or fabrication required for installing this rear diffuser. An optional flat underbody panel is available for those interested in increasing performance of the rear diffuser.
- Improved vehicle performance, both with downforce and drag
- Analyzed with ANSYS Fluent to improve performance given build volume
- Flows with the factory bumper lines
- Durable and replaceable strake design for improved longevity
- Modular design - Able to add on flat engine bay cover for improved performance
- 2x2 twill, autoclave cured, 1.5mm thick carbon fiber construction
- Lightweight bonded carbon strengthening sections on top of diffuser main planes for a rigid main plane
- Durable and replaceable strake design
- CNC bent 5052 aluminum brackets
- Stainless hardware throughtout
About Verus Engineering
Why Verus (pronounced Veh-rus)? Verus is Latin for true or complete. We strongly believe in engineering as a whole. We are also a company comprised primarily of engineers. We wanted to bring our passion for engineering to our name.
In 2014, a group of Motorsports engineers joined together and began a journey into revolutionizing the components available to the aftermarket industry. The group of engineers comprised in Verus Engineering have a wide range of previous and ongoing knowledge within the Motorsports world. We have worked within IndyCar teams and the sanctioning body, NASCAR teams, World Endurance Car (WEC) teams, as leading suppliers to the Motorsports industry, and in leading aftermarket companies as well. This vast experience allows us to cater to many needs within the automotive industry. With thoroughly engineered components including the use of Finite Element Analysis (FEA), thermodynamics, heat transfer, and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD), we strive to produce aftermarket parts that can outperform the factory components.