AWE Tuning SwitchPath Exhaust System (991.1 Carrera)
Designed to fit:
- 2012 - 2016 Porsche 911 Carrera 3.4L
- 2012 - 2016 Porsche 911 Carrera S / GTS 3.8L
Note - Available for both PSE and non-PSE equipped vehicles, please select in the option menu upon ordering.
Backed by AWE Tuning’s unprecedented Sound Satisfaction™ Guarantee, the Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust is for those looking to increase power and bring out the note of their 3.8L powerplant, without turning their backs on perfect daily-drivability and Porsche sophistication.
Track and Touring, all in one elegant SwitchPath™ Exhaust.
The AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust includes integrated valves designed to afford drivers the best of both worlds: A Track Edition Exhaust and a Touring Edition Exhaust, all in one.
How it works
The AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust responds to the exhaust valve position commands sent from your Porsche’s ECU dependent on your throttle input. This means that the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust will transform from “Track” (The SwitchPath™ valve directs exhaust gasses away from the side mufflers, for Cup Car levels of “announcement”) to “Touring” (The SwitchPath™ valve closes, routing exhaust gasses through the stock side mufflers, for a sophisticated, signature AWE Tuning tone, at a volume slightly above stock). Exhaust volume change matches the driving style: Aggressive throttle input elicits aggressive exhaust volume; tame throttle input elicits tame exhaust volume.
And for PSE-equipped Porsche’s, all console button controls are completely retained.
PDK Drivers Rejoice
This system was developed first, on a PDK car. The exhaust was created to be 100% PDK friendly. In normal “non-sport-mode” this system will remain 100% drone-free. AWE Tuning guarantees it.
Finish it off
AWE Tuning Porsche 991 Tips for the Porsche S and 4S are an optional upgrade with our 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust. These tips are 90mm, angle cut, have a beveled edge, feature the AWE Tuning logo and are 100% T304 stainless steel. And better yet, they are double walled for resistance to heat discoloration. AWE Tuning Performance Tip Sets are currently available in Chrome Silver and Diamond Black.
It’s good to have options
- The AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust is available in multiple configurations based upon your Porsche, and your preferences:
- AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust for PSE equipped cars, no tips: AWE Tuning performance, sound and functionality while reusing your stock tips
- AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust for PSE equipped cars, with AWE Tuning tips: Let the world know what’s lurking underneath with your choice of Chrome Silver or Diamond Black 90mm angle cut tips featuring the AWE Tuning logo.
- AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust for non-PSE cars, no tips: Same AWE Tuning performance and sound, with hardware specific to cars without PSE.
- AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust for non-PSE cars, with AWE Tuning tips: Chrome Silver or Diamond Black 90mm angle cut tips featuring the AWE Tuning logo, and included hardware specific to cars without PSE.
Performance, hand crafted
Research. Design. Testing. Fabrication. It’s all happening in house within AWE Tuning’s walls.
Constructed from T304 Stainless Steel, the AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust shows midrange gains of 20hp and 25tq at the crank and weighs in at 7.5lbs less than the stock unit, accomplished by replacing the stock center muffler with AWE Tuning-engineered strategically sized straight pipe sections.
As with all AWE Tuning exhaust products, each TIG weld is hand finished by a member of our performance team, and flange openings are size matched to their ports, all to produce the smoothest flow possible. It is this intensive attention to detail, quality and performance that sets AWE Tuning exhaust products heads and shoulders above the rest, and this system is no exception.
It’s that good
And better still, none of the components of our AWE Tuning Porsche 991 SwitchPath™ Exhaust affect or alter any of the emissions devices on the vehicle, and therefore this exhaust is fully legal for street use.
- Unprecedented Sound Satisfaction™ Guarantee ensures you’ll love this tone
- Perfected for PDK Transmission Technology, as well as Manual
- SwitchPath™ technology offers the perfect combination of Track and Touring Editions
- Max gains of 20hp and 25tq
- Weight savings of 7.5lbs
- Concepted, designed and manufactured by hand, in house
- Specific designs for both PSE and Non-PSE cars
- Perfect Fitment - Guaranteed
About AWE Tuning
AWE Tuning has one vision: To Unlock Performance. From award winning handcrafted performance exhausts to track-tested carbon fiber intakes and performance intercoolers, AWE Tuning innovates, designs, retails and distributes AWE Tuning brand performance products globally through its preferred network of dealers, online and from its state-of-the-art headquarters outside of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Since 1991, AWE Tuning's elite team of researchers, engineers, innovators and drivers have track-tested and introduced premium performance upgrades for some of the finest automobiles in the world.
The in-house advantage
A recent carbon fiber intake had over 350 in-house hours of development and testing behind it. Needless to say, their people are fanatically committed to the business of performance. By controlling every facet of development we are able to guarantee effectiveness and quality like no other.
AWE's laboratory is as much CAD tools as it is CNC machine as it is official-tuner-status at New Jersey Motorsports Park. It’s all part of their DNA, from prototyping to manufacturing to testing. The bottom line, in house means in control – and that’s where you want to be.