BBI Autosport Clutch Slave Cylinder Conversion Upgrade Kit (997.1 Turbo)
Designed to Fit
- 2007 - 2009 Porsche 911 Turbo
Always striving for innovation, BBi Autosport is proud to announce our new highly anticipated Clutch Slave Cylinder Conversion Kit for the Porsche 996 and 997 Turbo. After successfully tested on both the streets and tracks for over a year, the Clutch Slave Cylinder Conversion is finally available. The factory power-assisted clutch system has always been the Achilles heel for the Porsche 996 & 997 Turbo. Utilizing the power steering system to help reduce the force needed to depress the clutch pedal, it is a flawed design that delivers a mushy pedal feel with poor feedback, and is highly prone to failure. BBI's system addresses both of those issues by eliminating the problematic factory power-assist system for improved reliability and pedal feedback.
Unlike other kits, their system is designed be used with OEM clutch master cylinder, hose, and spring pack. This eliminates the need for additional parts, making their kit a complete plug and play solution. Their kit is a proprietary design and does not plug the power steering pump because the plugs can fail. Instead, the power steering fluid is routed through the unit to simulate the factory system. With the failure of the factory system inevitable, this is a must upgrade for the 996 and 997 Turbo to achieve the excellent pedal feedback and reliability similar to that of the Porsche 997 GT2 and GT3 without compromising drivability.
- Eliminates the problematic OEM power-assisted clutch slave cylinder for improved reliability
- Significantly improves the clutch feel and engagement
- Designed to be slightly softer than the factory 996 GT2 conversion kit for excellent drivability
- Proprietary plug and play design
- Retains clutch master cylinder, hose, and spring pack
- Requires less installation time than other slave cylinder conversion kits
- Does not adversely affect clutch life
- Precision CNC machined and hard anodized aluminum construction
- Hard anodized 7075 aluminum piston
About BBI Autosport
BBI Autosport was founded in the Summer of 2005 with the mission of returning artistry and craft to the Exotic Tuning Market. Built by pure passion, and on a motorsport foundation, BBI has quickly become a household name in the Porsche Industry. 30+ years of combined professional racing history has fueled the engineering and development of performance parts and services. BBI Founders have participated in several Professional Racing Series including:
- Rolex Grand American Racing
- American Lemans
- 24 Hours Lemans – 4 Races
- 24hrs of Daytona – 9 Races
- 12hrs of Sebring – 8 Races
Numerous Championships and continued racing experience has fueled the ongoing development and improved standards at BBI Autosport.
In our world of aftermarket tuning, good quality and craft have been let go in the name of cheapness and convenience. Where others strive to find cheaper materials and processes, we strive to find superior ingredients and time consuming rituals that will guarantee a product built solely on passion, artistry and craft. - BBI Autosport